Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Temple Wall Hanging

Here's the temple wall hanging I was mentioning that I did for our stake fine art exhibit. the exhibit will be on display at a stake meeting celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Columbus Ohio temple.


As much as I'd like to take credit for the whole thing, I didn't come up with the pattern by myself. I found the pattern at QuiltaTemple.com. The site has every temple and cost about 8-12$ depending on what size pattern you want.


Materials: Fabric, ribbon (for the windows, doors and grass) and embroidery thread

Quilting: Paper pieced pattern, machine stitched symbolic designs. Embroidery stitches mostly include the lazy-daisy stitch, french knots and simple backstitching.

2 comments:

Malinovka said...

Katie, that is amazing! I want to see it up close!

Brianna said...

Wow Katie. That is beautiful. You are very talented.